Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finalization!


Another fabulous day in China! This is still so much fun - I hope it continues to be fun for the next 10 or so days.


There's not much to say except that Teddi is still doing amazingly well! She hugs and kisses, she laughs and talks, she plays and sleeps all so contently. It's just amazing how well she has attached to us and how quickly she has bonded not only to my mom, but all of us. She lets Brady and I hold her, she plays with all of us, she shares toys, she shares food- I just can't put into words how wonderful she is, and I can't wait for the rest of the world to meet her!


~
Well, a run through of my day for journaling sake:
For breakfast we ate at the hotel again (like we will every morning because we pay for it with our room) but this morning was great - as we ate our Western breakfast, we jammed out to Avril Lavigne! Not just one song, but the whole "Let Go" cd. It was great! (Brady later went to a record store and said Avril seems to be a pretty big thing here. Who knew?!)

After breakfast we returned to the Civil Affairs building (via Mr. Li's sweet ride) to finish up paperwork. This was the end of our adoption paperwork- a couple more signatures, a couple more interviews, and after today Theadora Fu Xiao is physically and legally ours! Can we go home now?! We still have a lot to do though, as far as travel goes and everything else.


Lunch was at the hotel - Cup noodles and pastries from 7-11. : ) Brogan took the picture!


Later we went to Susan's Place. This is a popular store for the adoptive families to go, and the ladies there speak a lot of English. Also, one of the men who works there, Dong, writes English names/words in Chinese that make great gifts for everyone to take back home. Anyways, we were hanging out there for awhile and one of the girls told me all about the Olympic mascots - they are so cool!! There's five different characters and they all have names and meanings. : )

For dinner we ate at Cow and Bridge - a big step up from Lucy's! It's actually Thai and it was really good! I had "Rice and Prawn with Coconut". There was some pork in it too, and cashews, and other fun stuff. We also had some beans, and some amazing sweet and sour chicken.
-serious deliciousness-

It was beautiful and delicious. My dad had ostrich, but I'm not quite that adventurous yet- just reading half the items on the menu made my stomach turn. :P The coolest part about dinner was that we ate with my mom's friends (who she knows through her Yahoo group) who adopted last week, a 10 year old from Teddi's same orphanage. She is also precious, and was so happy to see Teddi! How good for them to see a familiar face! It was sweet, and my mom and dad got to have some quality American conversation, too!


Well, that's all for tonight. Brady and I are finally going to watch the season finale of The Office!! Woohoo!! : )

~Taylor in China : )

1 comment:

Francisco Z Rodriguez said...

Hey,

Well it only took me all day to read this in between projects. I am so full from lunch and I still have to sit through dinner. I think you dinner was way more over the top then mine in New York, you win. :) I'll be out all night but will show up early so we can talk. Have a safe time. I Love You.

Frankie