Tuesday, May 27, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

"Olympic Mascots"
I am so intrigued by these little guys and the significance behind them.
"Playing Cards"
The ease of life here- playing hackeysack, shuttlecock, and cards- its so relaxed.
"Rain in GuangZhou"
Even though it poured while we were walking and we had no umbrella, it was beautiful. :)

"Kids on A Rope"
They make sure all of the school children get their daily exercise.
"Me by Brogan"
Not just me, but Brogan's photography. : )

"Christian Fellowship"
We went to Jordan's place today, and as my mom, shopped Brady and I talked to Jordan about Chinese language and grammer, different cities around the area, and different cultural customs. Just simple conversation between a nice Chinese man and two American kids. He told my mom that he liked talking to her kids, "they are very cool"! My mom asked if he was a Christian (which she knew he was from what other people had told her), and after he said yes, my mom said the that she was also, and you should have seen his face light up! He quickly shook her hand and then hugged her. He turned to me and asked if I was also, and as I said yes, he quickly shook my hand, too! He asked Brady, also and gave the same response. This man was more excited about Christ than I have seen anyone in a long time. He told us his testimony in as best English as he could- he was ten, went to his math tutors house, and liked the music that was playing. His math teacher invited him to church where the sister there would play a lot of music for him on piano. It was great fellowship!


These are a few of my favorite things in China!


~

A quick update of our third to last day in China-

Teddi had her medical exam today, got her passport, and we finished up some more paperwork. She is doing great!

We shopped a lot more today finishing off our Yuan before we head home, and trying to hit every shop around. I love all the little shops here and all the shopkeepers are so excited to talk to the adoptive families (and so excited to sell us their stuff which is not my favorite.) We also, had more tea at Dong's but this time my dad made it - he is a "master" now!


We ate at a really nice Italian restaurant tonight. They had napkins and ice- rare items in China! The food was delicious, the setting calm, and best of all Teddi was calm (-er than she has been).


I can't wait to get home. I miss you people over there! Only two more days left in China!
See you soon!
Taylor

No comments: