Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Guangzhou Zoo and Other Fun Things

Yesterday was a lot of fun! (I so wish I could stay up late and blog about the day instead of waiting til morning, but last night was late and I didn't feel well so I went to bed :P )


After an early breakfast, Mr. Li picked us up and took us to the zoo. We had a passport appointment for Teddi at 3, so we were hanging out with Mr. Li until then. We got to the zoo and it was so much fun! (Please excuse my overuse of the words fun and great in this blog, thats just what it is.) I put up all the pics on facebook...except this one that my mom took! I love it!

-at the zoo-

We had lunch afterwards at Dim Sum and it was amazingly delicious! It was a bit more fancy than what we've been eating and Mr. Li ordered all the food. I guess he ordered about 10 different items, and they continuously served us as we ate. First green tea and water, then dish after dish of a lot of interesting foods- I didn't take any pictures so you'll just have to trust me that this was quite adventurous. Although the meal was great, the mood of our mealtime was a different story. Teddi (I know she looks so innocent in all the pictures) is bursting- sometimes uncontrollably- with insane amounds of energy. It was a bit chaotic (for more details check out my mom's blog), but we made it through. Please pray for our 25 hour flight home next week- that it will be CALM! This little girl has the joy of Jesus in her, but needs a little more peace and self-control!



After lunch we still had some time time to waste so we walked around the mall beneath the restaurant. We did some shopping and Brady and I got some totally awesome shirts. We walked around outside a bit too and had dessert at Starbucks. It was delicious- a little taste of home. : )


We went to the police station for Teddi's passport appointment, then came back to the hotel and took a little swim. The view from the pool is amazing. It's nine stories up, and their is no wall - only gate so you are in the water looking out over 9 stories. It's pretty crazy. Maybe the picture gives a better idea-




Yeah- crazy!


We ate dinner at "Station One". It was a nice night, so we ate outside, and trying to be adventurous, I ordered some delicious-sounding pasta with shrimp and mushroom etc. etc. But, it ended up tasting quite different than how it sounded, so I gave it to my dad and ate his half of the pizza. That was delicious!

Well, sorry this post isn't very interesting. If nothing else, this blog provides me with a journal of my time here to look back on when we get home. : )

No comments: