Sunday, May 18, 2008

Time Travel


Not going to bed before leaving for China at 4 in the morning seemed to be a useful tactic. I was so exhausted I just slept through most of the time travel. All I remember about being on the plane is that it was dark and light at all the wrong times. I would eat when they put food in front of me and put my ear buds in when they showed a movie, and the rest of the time I was either playing Tetris against Brady on his laptop (which I won almost every time) or I was sleeping. Since I couldn't keep track of actual time, I tried just tracking hours to know how long until we landed and how long until we boarded the next flight. After about 25 hours we ended up here in China at about midnight and headed back to sleep. (*If you don't know already, China is about 13 hours ahead, so you're actually reading into the future right now.)


-on the plane-

-asleep, somewhere-

-last flight!!-

For those of you interested:
The in-flight movies (on the 11hr flight): National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets and Dan in Real Life - both of which I have seen before, but are good movies. (Also, I think they showed Enchanted on the 5hr flight but I was asleep.)


Well, I'm going to breakfast now here at the hotel, then hopefully I'll be back to post about yesterday before all you stateside people go to bed. (Sorry, I'm already behind - I tried to post last night, but fell asleep while IMing Frankie, but I'll try to make up for it with lots of pictures in the next post!)


Stay tuned,
Taylor

1 comment:

TSHarrison said...

Yeah Taylor!
Am I the first to read your blog? I'm definitely the first to commet. Yeh me!
I'm reading on my blog so not all the photos came up so I'm going to have to look at the post again on the desk top.
Only one problem...you titled this blog so that it's over once your trip is done.
You write well and I want to see you keep it up.
Maybe I can send a bunch of readers to this blog and have them beg you to continue.